beware of scams & fraud
If you receive a phone call or email claiming to be from us or associated with us, or referencing information taken directly from our web site, you might be the target of fraud. Please contact us directly for verification at the phone number/email below.
The Impact Fund makes every effort to stop scams once we are notified of them but unfortunately, we cannot stop them from starting. The Impact Fund does not solicit payments or deposits from people who may be entitled to money as the result of a law suit or request any type of administrative or handling charges. If you receive a request that appears to be from the Impact Fund for any type of payment, or if you receive an email or communication seemingly from the Impact Fund or people who claim to be associated with us that you feel is suspicious, do not respond, but report the activity to us at the contact information below.
Here are some tips to help you avoid scams:
◦ Be suspicious of unsolicited telephone calls/emails that ask for personal or financial information.
◦ Avoid filling out forms in email messages.
◦ Log on to official websites instead of clicking on links embedded in an email.
◦ Contact the organization that is supposedly sending the email to verify if it is genuine.
◦ Be wary if you receive an email saying you are entitled to money or have been awarded a grant.
◦ Do not send money without verifying the source of the request.
To report suspicious email, please send a copy of the suspect email correspondence
complete with email header information to email@example.com. You can also
send copies of the email addresses of offending web sites to this address.
To report suspicious phone calls, make sure you obtain the name and number of the
caller and then email us that information or call us at 510.845.3473 x 302 to report any
For more information about the Federal Trade Commission's efforts against these kinds
of fraud or filing a complaint with the agency, please visit