About the Impact Fund: The Impact Fund provides strategic leadership and support for litigation to achieve economic and social justice. We provide funds for impact litigation in the areas of civil rights, environmental justice, and poverty law. We also offer innovative technical support, training, and expertise on issues that arise in large-scale impact litigation. We serve as lead counsel, co-counsel, and amicus counsel in select class action and impact litigation.
Summary of Position: The Impact Fund seeks a contract attorney to assist with litigating claims in a gender discrimination settlement claims process. Specific responsibilities include interviewing clients and other witnesses, reviewing relevant documents, assisting with taking and defending depositions, assisting with arbitration hearings, drafting supporting declarations, and drafting and filing claim briefs. The position is full-time, but candidates seeking reduced time schedules will also be considered.
- Superior writing, research, analytic, and communication skills.
- Minimum two years of litigation experience.
- Experience litigating discrimination cases under federal law and, in particular, cases alleging gender discrimination.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and project management skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Proficient in the use of information technology.
- Admitted to practice law in California (preferred) or other U.S. jurisdiction.
To Apply: For consideration, please email a cover letter, résumé, a list of three references, and a legal writing sample written within the last two years (preferably a brief in a case involving discrimination) to Jocelyn Larkin. Please include “Contract Attorney Application” in the subject line of the email.
The Impact Fund does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, religion, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
2017 SUMMER INTERNSHIP
We have filled this position. Stay tuned for the posting of the 2018 opportunity later this year.
Otherwise, we're fully staffed!
But... if you would like us to keep your résumé on file in case a suitable opening becomes available, please email it to email@example.com with a headline, e.g. "Experienced Class Action Attorney."