CLASS ACTION TRAINING INSTITUTE
In 2015 our annual 3-day intensive Training Institute for practitioners new to the field of class actions will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area for the 8th successive year and, for the first time, in Chicago!
Sep 17-19 – Oakland, CA Sep 30 & Oct 1-2 – Chicago, IL
The course takes a small group of students through all the stages of a mock class action case, from the initial client meeting to a mediated settlement. For California Bar members, MCLE credit will be available.
Students will learn how to:
- Investigate and develop a class action
- Work with named plaintiffs, co-counsel, and grassroots organizations
- Manage and use the media to your advantage
- Prepare a discovery plan
- Work with experts
- Prepare class certification
- Negotiate class settlements
Limited to 20 students, this program is designed for attorneys who have limited experience (or none) in class action litigation and/or some exposure to general litigation who are looking to expand their plaintiff-side class action capacity.
To apply, send:
- Your resume
- A statement (maximum length two pages) explaining why you want to attend the Institute and detailing your experience (if any) with class action litigation
- Scholarship request (if applicable)
To: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: Friday, August 7, 5pm Pacific Time.
Your statement should include an affirmation that you will commit to fully engage in the Institute, including three hours of preparation and a one-hour webinar in advance of the training, and that your firm or organization will relieve you of your day-to-day responsibilities during the training period.
We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including people of color and/or with disabilities,to apply. Priority for the California class will be given to the California State Bar Qualified Legal Service Providers staff.