Organization Overview – The Impact Fund, a nationally recognized non-profit legal services organization in Berkeley, California seeks a full-time paralegal to assist litigation staff. The Impact Fund focuses on complex class action litigation, attorney trainings, and a national grant giving program. The right candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys with class action litigation work, outreach, training programs, and annual conferences. This position will report to the Director of Litigation and Training.
- Document organization and management
- Document review and analysis
- Communication and cooperation with co-counsel
- Communication with clients, class members, and witnesses
- Case database development and maintenance
- Factual and legal research
- Cite-checking, editing, and filing of legal pleadings
- Preparation for motions, trials, hearings, and depositions
- Compilation of information and creation of evidentiary charts
- Drafting legal memoranda, declarations, letters, and discovery responses
- Assisting with planning and development of materials for trainings and webinars
- Assisting with conference planning
- Assisting with claims processing
- Website content management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Paralegal certificate or minimum of one year legal experience on complex litigation preferred
- Excellent organizational and writing skills
- Strong computer skills – Comfortable working with a variety of software and web programs, as well as basic content management programs
- Commitment to social justice
Please send the following to Patti Cary, Administrative Manager, at at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 2 professional references.
This position will remain open until filled. Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance.
Located in picturesque surroundings in the Berkeley Marina, Impact Fund offers a stimulating work environment. The Impact Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, religion, race, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. The Impact Fund is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are applicants or employees who need accommodations.